Sunday, April 5, 2009

Let's Talk Turkey--Turkey Lurkey

I'm a bzzagent. That means that I get to create buzz about new products. Bzzagent sends me information or a free sample and I tell them what I think and what my friends (that I bzz) think. Recently, I got invited to an Ontario Turkey campaign.

Now, I love turkey. I love Thanksgiving and Christmas and Easter turkey but really, other than the odd roasted turkey deli sandwich, we don't really use turkey the rest of the year. Maybe that's partially because we gorge ourselves so much on major holidays and also because we eat it for 3-4 days until we're ready for a 3 month break but it's also because I haven't really gotten adventurous in my cooking with turkey beyond my amazing tag team roasted turkey and stuffing recipe.

But beyond the famous roasted turkey with sage stuffing, I haven't done much dabbling. I'm now inspired! This Bzzagent Turkey Campaign has given me some great turkey recipes. Not only is turkey a great meat because it's high in protein and low in fat (with all that warm and fuzzy tryptophan, too!) but it's very versatile. I didn't really consider just how versatile until bzzagent send me a whack of cookbooks.

Here are some of the mouth-watering recipes inside:

-Spanish Meatballs with Saffron rice (turkey meatballs!)
-Pecan Crusted Turkey with Praline Sauce (Yum!)
-Feta Stuffed Greek Turkey Burgers (I can't wait to fire up my BBQ and give this one a try!)
-Turkey Nachos ( I'm sure a much healthier alternative to my regular Nachos Supreme!)
-Turkey Burrito Casserole
-Turkey Cabbage Rolls
-Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Turkey Breast (Can't wait to try that one!)
-Jerk Turkey Mango Wraps (This just sounds like summertime to me!)
-Turkey Stew in a Bread Bowl (mmmmm...)

Check out http://www.turkeyrecipes.ca for more!

Cheers,
BzzAgent MarleyMauve

No comments: