Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Is L'Ortolano Sauce Worth the Price?


I was shopping today and saw a new selection of pasta sauces in my local grocery store. The bottles looked new and interesting and the sauce inside the glass bottles looked really tasty. But then I saw the price and was flabberghasted that the sauce was $9.49. Spaghetti sauce for $9.49? Gobsmacked!

Would you pay almost $10 for spaghetti sauce?

I'd love to know if anyone has tried L'Ortolano sauce. If so, how is it? Is it worth almost $10 a jar?

2 comments:

Carmamd said...

Most definitely worth the price! Well balanced, not too sweet, interesting depth of flavor usually only found w/ fresh sauces. Consistency not too thick OR watery. Usually make own sauces (I'm writing for my wife, here...(;P)), but this looked appealing, gave it a chance, and will ONLY buy this IF we can find it locally. Our Raley's stopped carrying it so we're shopping online for it right now!!

Dana Prince said...

Thanks for the feedback. It certainly looks good and I know it costs more to make homemade sauce than it does to buy most jarred versions. Maybe I'll give it a try one of these days. There are several varieties. If you've got a favourite flavour, let us know.
Thanks!