Friday, October 12, 2007

Sacred Heart Soup Recipe

I make Sacred Heart Soup, aka Cabbage Soup even when I'm not doing the Sacret Heart Soup Diet. And soup is good for the soul, mind and body.

If you want to read about the Sacred Heart or Cabbage Soup diet, you can read all about it on one of my blog posts at health niche or read about my own diet story but this post is a quick and easy way for you to make the soup yourself. I make it when I have excess vegetables in the house and when I want to jump start a bit of weight shedding (I did it this wee because of Thanksgiving last weekend. Moo!)


Sacred Heart Soup AKA Cabbage Soup

2 cans tomatoes
1 can chicken or beef broth
4 cups green tea
a few handfuls of chopped carrots
several torn or chopped leaves of cabbage
2 stalks celery
1 envelope lipton soup (chicken noodle)
1/2 chopped green pepper
2 chopped green onions
spices: cracked pepper, salt, mrs. dash, worcestershire sauce

I also like to sometimes put in chopped sweet potato and chopped zuchini in my soup.

For more information about the Sacred Heart Diet, stop by SacredheartSoup.com.

No comments: