Monday, February 4, 2008

Easy Chicken Quesadillas That Are To Drool For

For a great meal fast meal that's a crowd pleaser, you can serve these chicken quesadillas up with some Spanish rice (homemade or pre-made is fine) and / or a Mexican salad. For my salad I put some of my favourite veggies together with salsa and ranch dressing and toss it together. Shredded cheese, tortilla chips and some jalapenos make it quite mexican-ish.

For my quesadillas, I brown some chicken in oil and spices and when it's done, simmer with some salsa for extra flavour. Any other spice you like will do such as Mrs. Dash. Sautee some vegetables like multi-coloured peppers and onions and fresh mushrooms and get your ingredients together. I like to set up an assembly line on the counter to make them easy. An adult can eat one or one and a half and kids generally eat under one depending on how thick you make these.

Open up some flour tortillas (big ones) and spread them with sour cream and salsa and plenty of diced cooked chicken and peppers and other veggies that you like.

Generously sprinkle with your favourite cheese and then fold in half. Put in a Pannini maker to toast or a griddle will do, flipping to warm both sides. Serve with sour cream, salsa and guacamole for dipping. I like to cut mine in three in pie shaped slices.

If you're watching calories you can use extra veggies to plump up your quesadilla, fat free cheese and light sour cream. To spice it up, use hot salsa or piquante as well as extra jalapenos.

5 comments:

Brenda Emmett said...

Oh yummmm....I may have to make this during the weekend when I am back home! Thanks for a yummy idea! :)

LA Nickers said...

Delicious, especially for a chilly winter day. (Maybe with chili?) ;-)

jasmine said...

hmm.....yummy...how romantic is it for me huh?i wish i could have it

jasmine
tech-chek.blogspot.com

Kellie said...

That sounds delicious. I would never have thought of using tea.

I stumbled across your blog by hitting next blog, and will be marking it to check out new recipes! Thanks!

Dana Prince said...

Thanks everyone for stopping by :)