Sunday, March 30, 2008

Cesar Salad Perfection, Courtesy of Renee's.

I often get asked for my Cesar salad recipe. It's really simple and the dressing is commercial.

Here's how it goes:

Renee's Gourmet Cesar Salad Dressing
Romaine Lettuce
Parmesan Cheese
Cooked Bacon
Croutons

I like to buy homestyle croutons such as sour dough or multigrain which have white and grown croutons in them. You can also use romano cheese instead of parmesan.

My real secret to a great cesar salad beyond the dressing is the bacon, I think. I don't use bacon bits. I fry about 6 slices of bacon, dry and cool them and then tear them into pieces. The real bacon flavour is lovely and it's nice to get a chunk instead of a tiny crumb of it.

Try mixing your cesar salad about half an hour before you want to eat it so the flavours blend but don't mix too early otherwise your croutons will go soggy.

No comments: