Sunday, March 30, 2008

Raw Broccoli Salad

My raw broccoli salad is one I borrowed from a friend who served it at a baby shower. It was easy to guess the ingredients except for the dressing. I was actually surprised at what the dressing consisted of.

I'm now asked to bring this salad every time there's a potluck.

Raw broccoli flowerets
small one inch cubes of old or medium cheddar
salted /shelled / roasted sunflower seeds
plump raisins
1-3 tablespoons of Miracle Whip Salad Dressing.

Toss it all together. Use as much of the ingredients as you like and coat just lightly with the Miracle Whip.Let it sit in the fridge for at least an hour to blend flavours. It's lovely and a great way to get your kids to love broccoli!

I love serving it in a clear bowl as it's a colourful addition to any potluck table.

No comments: