Monday, March 31, 2008

Quick and Easy Quiche

For my quiche, I use a ready made pie crust as it saves oodles of time. My favourite quiche recipe contains ham, broccoli and cheese. I use cheddar on mine but any cheese or combinaton of cheese will do.
I mix a few eggs with butter and beat it really well. Then, drop in chunks of ham and broccoli. Add some sea salt and black peppter. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes until it's looking solid and then add a layer of shredded cheese on top. Cook about another 15 minutes until it looks lovely and golden.

A quiche is really versatile and a great way to use any leftover vegetables. You can put mushrooms, colourful peppers and other veggies in to make a great brunch or dinner recipe.

If you want to take a stab at your own crust, merely follow the recipe on the back of any Tenderflake lard box or purchase a box of ready to make pie crust that just requires water.

No comments: