Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sloppy Joes Cheesesteak Style

I found a recipe yesterday from Rachael Ray so adapted it to my own version and it was really scrumptious. I'm eating leftovers of it as I type this post today.

The recipe is a cross between sloppy Joe sandwiches and Philly Cheesesteak.

My recipe calls for the following and I'm linking the original recipe below as you can watch how it's prepared if you like.

Sauce:

Make a rue sauce with butter and flour and add a cup of milk. Boil and then simmer until bubbly and thick. Add a cup of shredded cheese of your choice. Rachael's recipe called for Provolone but I used parmasean and mozzarella combined.

Fry ground beef and lots of onions and mushrooms (mushrooms were my addition) until cooked and add a bit of beef stock, some worcestershire and lots of HP brown sauce. The consistency should look somewhat like Sloppy Joes.

Pour meat and cheese sauce on warm crusty buns. Calabrese buns lightly broiled work great for this recipe!

Adapted from: http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes/philly-cheesesteak-sloppy-joes/

No comments: