Monday, June 9, 2008

A Fast Pasta Primavera


This 'a fasta pasta' dish can be done with alfredo sauce, rose sauce or a red sauce. This pasta primavera recipe calls for a red or blushed sauce. If you like to add meat, go for it!

Loads of chopped vegetables. Feel free to blanch ones that take a bit longer to cook. Here's what I used the last time I made this dish (today).

-Zucchini
-Carrots
-Red Pepper
-Orange Pepper
-Yellow Pepper
-Cremini Mushrooms
-Broccoli Flowerets

Sautee all vegetables in olive oil with lots of seasoning. I used Mrs. Dash, Italian Seasoning, Garlic, Seasalt, Fresh Black Pepper, Parsley.
When they vegetables are almost done, add a jar of your favourite sauce. You can use homemade or something prepared. My favourite is a light sauce with a bit of a tangy bite called Aurora Spicy Arrabbiata. I made a big batch so I also added a can of Aurora Plum Tomatoes and then a big handful of fresh (or jarred) Parmesan cheese.

Toss the sauce with freshly made pasta of your choice. Bow tie, Fusili or Rotini works great. Before I toss together I add a bit of cheese and butter to the pasta while it's still hot.

No comments: