Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Creamy Cheesy Broccoli Serendipity Soup

This serendipidous recipe happened when I over-boiled broccoli by accident. When I stirred my cheese sauce in, the broccoli quickly began to disintegrate and the mixture resembled soup. A few tweaks and...Voila ---- my Creamy Cheesy Brocoli Soup was born.

Steps to Creamy & Cheesy Broccoli Soup

  • Boil the heck out of your broccoli (about one bunch, flowerets only)until it's very tender and falling apart. Sometimes I'll do a broccoli & cauliflower mixture.


  • Drain it.
  • Put it back on the stove in a sauce pan. Turn the heat to medium.
  • Add a bit of chicken soup stock, 2 tablespoons of flour, and a dollop of butter. I like using the Knorr Homestyle Stock - Chicken. It comes in a tiny blister pack and works great!



  • Whisk the mixture until thick.
  • Start putting in some cheese. Cream Cheese, Cheez Whiz, Parmasean, Cheddar, Mozzarella, whatever!
  • Add some salt and pepper and parsley. I like to add a dash of Mrs. Dash or similar seasoning as well.
  • Stir continuously, adding up to 4 cups or so of milk slowly and simmering until thick and creamy looking.
  • I like to add a bit of shredded cheese on top once it goes in the bowl.
  • Serve! Goes great with Garlic Bread!

No comments: