Monday, September 24, 2007

My Creamy Cheesy Cauliflower Concoction

The more vegetables you can eat the better...this one is so yummy your kids might not even believe it's a vegetable! I found a cauliflower recipe originally in Better Homes & Gardens but lost it so between looking online, my memory of what was in it and through books and trial and error, came up with my own cauliflower concoction and it gets rave reviews every time. The original had homemade croutons in it too but I don't usually bother with those now.

Wash and clean your cauliflower and chop into little flowerets. Steam it until it's soft. You can do this on the stove or in the microwave but try to do it on the stove. Microwaves zap away the good stuff in my humble opinion.

Whisk together 1/3 cup of milk, 1/4 to 1/2 cup of real mayo and about half the mayo measure of regular or dijon mustard. Put in salt, pepper, Mrs. Dash (or another all spice) a few spoons of grated romano or parmasean and a few handfuls of whatever shredded cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, etc) you like. Bake the cauliflower concoction until everything is bubbly and melted.
YUM!

No comments: