Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Big Jerk Jerk Burger

I invented this burger one night when we decided to make hamburgers for dinner. I impulsively decided to try making a Jerk Burger. I had recently been turned on to Caribbean jerk seasoning so created this recipe that I thought was original. After we ate it, I figured I might have to brand it because it was so scrum-didley-uptious (sorry to quote Ned Flanders there but it was necessary!) but upon closer Googling I see that it does exist.

The Big Jerk Jerk Burger
________________________

2lbs of medium ground beef
1 heaping tablespoon of Grace Jerk Marinade
1 heaping tablespoon of Hellmann's Mayo
garlic
salt
pepper
1 teaspoon prepared or dry mustard
2-3 tbsp bread crumbs

Mix well with your bare hands and shape into about 6 patties. Broil in the over for ten minutes each side.

To finish them off, I like to put mayo and sweet bbq sauce on the bun. My husband likes mayo+ Grace's Jerk BBQ sauce. He likes it hot, I like it a little tamer and a sweet BBQ sauce like Diana Sauce does the trick very nicely.

No comments: