Saturday, November 10, 2007

Cheesy Vegetable Crockpot Chowder

My friend Brenda sent me this recipe.
I loved it. I tweaked it by adding three kinds of cheese and varying the vegetables a little. I used cauliflower and multiple coloured peppers plus put in a 1/4 cup of Campbell's Gardennay Autumn Carrot Soup and some fresh herbs. This recipe was delicious and I baked some rolled biscuits to dip. (I put garlic and cheese in them to make them taste like Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay Biscuits)
Thanks Brenda for the recipe!

Vegetable Cheese Chowder-- Brenda Emmett

3 Cups Chicken Broth

1 Cup Chopped Potatoes (or ½ inch cubes)

½ Cup Chopped Carrots (or ½ inch cubes)

½ Cup Chopped Celery

½ Cup Chopped Onion

½ Cup Green Pepper

¼ Cup Butter or Margarine

2 Cups Milk

½ Cup Flour

12 oz Shredded Cheese or 1 jar of Cheez Whiz

1 TB chopped Parsley

Salt and Black Pepper to taste

Heat broth. Add vegetables. Cover and cook in crock-pot or slow cooker for 1 ½ hours at #5 or high heat.

In a small bowl combine milk and flour. Add cheese and remaining ingredients. Stir until thickened. Hold at lower temperature until serving time.

No comments: