Saturday, April 17, 2010

Stagg Chili Hot Dip

I love my cousin Christine's cold Mexican dip. When I'm feeling like something hot, I go for my adaptation of my other cousin Lori's Stagg Chili Dip. This is a hot layered dip and she made it for us once when we were playing Mexican Train Dominoes.
Below is my adaptation:

Ingredients:


1 can Stagg Chili (I prefer Silverado for this recipe)
1/2 cup Salsa or Piquante
1 tub spreadable cream cheese
Sprinkling of Clubhouse Roasted Garlic & Peppers Seasoning
Shredded Marble Cheese (or a Mexican Cheese mixture with Jalapenos)

Layer from bottom to top:

-Cream cheese (thin layer)
-Salsa and Stagg Chili (mixed together first, then spread evenly on top of cream cheese)
-A uniform sprinkle of the Clubhouse Roasted Garlic & Peppers Seasoning
-Shredded cheese (as much or as little as you like!)

Do this in a shallow baking dish that can go to the table for dipping.
Bake at about 300 for an hour and then serve with your favourite nacho chips. Or do it for a few minutes and then put the broiler on. My pick for dipping for this recipe is Tostito's Scoops.
Caution:
It'll be hot so protect yourself and put a hotpad down to protect your table!

Hot or Mild, Meaty or Vegetarian...

You can adapt this to be a spicy dip or mild Stagg Chili dip depending on the ingredients you choose and you can add additional hot sauce if you like. You can even use homemade chili and if you're looking for a vegetarian dip with plenty of protein, use a vegetarian chili in place of the regular or Silverado Stagg Chili.
 Happy Dipping!

No comments: